Related Posts with Thumbnails

Thursday, August 26, 2010

thoughts on sleep or lack there of


Photobucket

I sit here with the cat and dog, who by the way are thrilled to death that someone emerged from the closed door of the bedroom to feed them at 4:45 a.m., only because I fruitlessly tried to get just a little more shut eye at 3:00, 3:30, 3:45... Tell me, please. What the heck? Eh, you don't have to tell me. Hormones, baby. Middle-aged hormones.

Sleep is a funny thing. When we're teens, we easily sleep until noon. As we get older, we rise for our work or our babies or both. My thinking is that before it's over, I'll be going to sleep at 6:00 and waking at 2:00. Hey, at least it's a decent eight, right?

Maybe at this point I should just go with the flow. Get up after I wake at 2:30 feeling refreshed and thinking, before I glance at the clock, "Hey! I slept all night!".

A solid eight has turned into a halfway decent four.

So that's my rant for today.


What's yours?



5 comments:

blueviolet said...

Sometimes I wish I could get by with that amount of sleep. I easily sleep 12 hours!

slow panic said...

Ugh. I hate hate hate the middle-aged sleeping dilemmas. Hate them.

I'm still waiting for my 12 year old to sleep in -- he's up at 7:00 every single day.

Sue Jackson said...

Oh, I hear you!!

CFS is very much like menopause in several ways - hot flashes, sleeplessness. My meds usually fix my sleep, but last night I woke up at 12:30 to use the bathroom and couldn't get back to sleep until almost 3 am!! It was so frustrating - too many things going through my mind - worried about the very busy day coming up.

Maybe you should take a lesson from CFS and take an afternoon nap!

Sweet dreams...

Sue

ella said...

I agree with the nap.
Gotta embrace the nap.
'Course if you're stressed out and tired, you're gonna have trouble sleeping through the night.
I paid about $7000 for my therapist to tell me that...

52 Faces said...

You mean it gets WORSE?! I'm only a year past 29 and I can't sleep before 4 a.m. (often 6 or 7) or rise before noon.

I would blame all the swing shift jobs I've taken in the last 5 years, except I think I take them because I have insomnia...

believe it or not...

  © Blogger template On The Road by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP