Related Posts with Thumbnails

Saturday, July 24, 2010

new digs

Like my new digs? It's nothing really - just a summer cottage. It was getting too hot in Atlanta, so we thought we'd head north to our mountain "cottage" to cool down. We went from 95 degrees to a cool 98.

Photobucket

We have 528 bathrooms.

Yeah. Okay, so it's not ACTUALLY ours. Shocking, right?

This morning as I sat in the fancy dining room, I had pancakes with peaches, raspberries, raspberry syrup, and sausage WITH a side of peach ice cream, grapefruit juice, and 20 cups of coffee. I snuck and took a picture, but the waiter walked up, I panicked, stashed my phone, and forgot to save the photo.

I informed the hubs after consuming our delectable delights that we are going on a diet next week.

Photobucket

Every time I walk to my room I think of The Shining.
Next thing you know I'll be running through a maze while Johnny is chasing me with a snow plow - in 98 degree weather. Johnny? Jack? Jack.

I need more peach ice cream.




6 comments:

Shelli said...

Your breakfast sounds heavenly! What a fun vacation. It looks shiningly beautiful.

blueviolet said...

You're not allowed to take photos there? That's not fair!

Sounds heavenly and clearly tastes that way too. :)

Lori said...

I know. They don't allow phones in restaurants and they're pretty strict about it. Good rule. I snuck. :)

Sue Jackson said...

Sounds like fun (and delicious!) - nice place. Just a little cabin, huh?

Enjoy!

Sue

P.S. I LOVE peach ice cream in the summer, lactose-intolerance be damned!

citymouse said...

Peach ice cream sounds heavenly right about now!

Sounds like you're having a good time. I think it's just plain hot everywhere this summer!

Matty said...

I don't blame you for sneaking a picture. I would have too. That place is ginormous. But the breakfast sounds great. I think I would have been quite full after all that.

believe it or not...

  © Blogger template On The Road by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP