Related Posts with Thumbnails

Saturday, April 10, 2010

on a more serious note

I have to show you this. My daughter, yes Smart Ass herself, has suffered from this terrible autoimmune disease since she was 12. Twelve. One moment she was playing soccer, riding horses, happily going to school, and the next she was sick with mono. I remember the day she got sick. This "mono" tested negative and after three months of being bedridden, she was diagnosed. After 6 months of physical therapy she was able to leave the house and ride in the car without crying from the pain and discomfort. Her strength gives me strength.

Thank God, in her case, after 5 years, pulling out of regular school, and through the use of medication, she's able to live a relatively "typical" teenager's life. Thank God.

Please watch this and remember it when you hear of someone with ME/CFS, a.k.a. Chronic Fatigue.


ME Promo from Double D Productions on Vimeo.


Just wanted you to know.


6 comments:

Matty said...

That is just awful. I hadn't heard of this disease before. And it seems that nothing is being done about it. Gosh.

But I'm glad to hear that your daughter is back in the game. Here's to hoping she stays that way.

Lori said...

Thanks, Matty. That is my greatest hope.

blueviolet said...

I had heard of this but didn't realize how debilitating it could be. Bless her heart!

Lori said...

My girl has been one of the lucky ones. Kids often handle this illness better in the long run. Most that I talk with are on disability because they can't work and some are even worse.

Gardanne said...

There is nothing more powerful than a Mom who is on a mission for her children. I have no doubt that this illness will get the attention that it deserves and you will have more solutions.
My daughter has auditory processing, a learning disability, where she processes information slowly and can't hold a lot in her short term memory.
When she was 5 I was told that it was impossible to diagnosis this in a child so young. So I found someone who could diagnose her, and then they could not refuse services.
She is now an honors student, and only needs a little extra time for long tests.
Keep up the good work Lori, we are all behind you 100%.

Gretchen said...

You have a fabulous blog. I'm SO glad I found it. I look forward to looking around and reading more! Thank you for visiting my blog as well. Have a wonderful day! :)

believe it or not...

  © Blogger template On The Road by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP