Related Posts with Thumbnails

Tuesday, April 20, 2010

it was the cats fault


what's after 29?

I'm sure you've heard, maybe even used the excuse, "The dog ate my homework". Well, I'm using that excuse this morning except this time, it was the cats fault. So, I was on schedule and set to write my Tuesday post last night when all of a sudden I realized that the cat was NOT sitting next to me on the sofa. In fact, I couldn't remember the last time I'd seen her. I proceed to look and search and walk outside, calling her name (she's old and declawed and couldn't defend herself against wild animals such as coyotes or hawks who swoop down and, what the what??? How the heck did she get out anyway?). I looked in the pantry, in the basement. Suffice it to say I look everywhere.

Crying, I gave up and went to bed. Woke up at 2:00 a.m. to walk around again to search. No Oreo. Woke up this morning. Went to the front door, the back door. She had simply vanished. Went to feed the dog. Opened the cabinet, under the sink in the laundry room, to get the dogfood, and guess who pops out? Yep. She's proceeded to gorge herself on yesterday's dinner and immediately threw up. I missed her.


2 comments:

slow panic said...

I completely freak out and cease all productive activities the second I realize I don't know where my cat is.

Each and every time I am mocked by my husband.

blueviolet said...

I am so glad she was in the house! I would have freaked out completely, and totally forgiven the puke!

believe it or not...

  © Blogger template On The Road by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP