Related Posts with Thumbnails

Thursday, April 1, 2010

carbon monoxide? robber? choking?


Photobucket

Two nights ago the hubs was away on one of his trips and, as usual, the only part I dread is the nighttime hours. (rest of the time's like a mini-vaca, right?) So, things are going pretty well until the middle of the night when I hear this hysterical meowing right outside of my bedroom door - meowing and scratching and bumping.

Said cat, Oreo, actually wakes me with her meowing. She will NOT go away. My first thought is, of course, that I'm going to kill that cat. Then I roll over to see it's 2:15. The first thought is followed by subsequent thoughts of possible carbon monoxide poisoning, robbers, possible choking and/or dead dog companion. As time goes on the thoughts become worse, as they usually do at 2:15 a.m. Finally, knowing that I"ll never go back to sleep (especially if I die of carbon monoxide poisoning), I get out of bed. As soon as I open the door I see two very excited animals. They begin to run! Well, at least the dog hasn't died (my next thought). I run after them - all the way to - their dinner bowls.

After I finish torturing the cat by putting her in the basement and yelling at the dog (who endures psychological punishment quite well), I close my little door, hop back into bed and...


can't go back to sleep. (sounding familiar at this point?)


I switch on the laptop (I know, I know, not good for inducing sleep) and publish a post I'd written the night before. Within minutes, I received comments. What the????

Was it carbon monoxide poisoning? Was it a robber? Had the dog had killed over? Was my clock wrong and it was really morning and we were living in Alaska where sometimes it's dark during the daytime hours and everyone was already awake and I'd actually overslept and...?

No, it was a full moon. Thank goodness it only happens once a month.

What was your experience?


2 comments:

blueviolet said...

I noticed the moon was full, flipped the blinds so it wouldn't shine in my room, and went to sleep.

Geez, I'm boring.

Lisa said...

I just found your blog(s) this afternoon. I love your jewelry! I can totally relate to the prom dress shopping. I have been through that very same thing myself. For two years in a row I had the pleasure of prom dress shopping with two daughters at the same time! There should be medication for that!

believe it or not...

  © Blogger template On The Road by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP