Related Posts with Thumbnails

Monday, February 8, 2010

What We Did


I hope that the football-watching readers enjoyed the Superbowl last night. We did. Go Saints!

I was supposed to work with my new Photoshop program. Instead, I watched the football game while simultaneously looking through magazines for ideas on how to paint this. (Eee!) It irritates the BSer to no end that women are SO capable of multi-tasking.

Traditionally, on Superbowl Sunday we consume way too much junk food. See, here's the thing. If you schedule it for a particular day, like Superbowl Sunday, it's calorie-free, fat-free, and guilt-free. I'm not sure how it works, but it does. Trust me. :)

Photobucket

{This is Smart Ass balancing a plate of roasted peanuts on
Oreo, the sleeping, practically catatonic cat.}

Photobucket

{This is Smart Ass trying to look elegant while
feeding Sophie, the begging dog, and irritating
Oreo, the sleeping, practically catatonic cat.}


Photobucket

{This is the prelude to one fierce dog/cat fight.}

Oh, the other thing is that you HAVE to eat this on the sofa. Eating at the kitchen table would ruin the ambience and, well, it would just be wrong.

This is what we had and remember, we don't hate people who eat guilt-free junk food once a year. We had barbecued chicken wings (protein), margarita pizza (fruits & veggies), Smart Ass had her gluten-free bbq chicken pizza which she copies from the California Pizza Kitchen recipe, (I had a salad because even though I SAY it's guilt-free, I was born with guilt), roasted peanuts (more protein), strawberries dipped in chocolate (fruit and chocolate, which defies all catagories), and finally milkshakes (calcium). I know. It's enough to send anyone to the hospital. But if you do it in moderation, you come out of it quite refreshed!



As for the California Pizza Kitchen recipe... Here's what we do. S.A. uses her favorite gluten-free pizza crust and tops it with GF BBQ sauce (we use Kraft), mozzarella and smoked gouda cheese, sliced red onions and shredded, cooked chicken. That's it. Sounds a little odd, but take my word, you'll love it.

Have a great week! :)


2 comments:

Robin said...

Hey There...I used to follow you before I lost my old blog I think...anyway HellO...that sounds delish..we had all prepared food..prepared by someone else..as long as i didnt have to cook..I was a little under the weather..any way Im following again..take care..!!

Sue Jackson said...

Superbowl was AWESOME!!! We were so excited that the Saints won. And with school cancelled on Monday, we even went to a friend's Superbowl party. I ate WAY too much junk food, but it all tasted so good!!! Great night...

Sue

believe it or not...

  © Blogger template On The Road by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP