Related Posts with Thumbnails

Thursday, February 4, 2010

Modern Forms of Torture


Yesterday, I told Smart Ass that I would love to live in a society where women don't need to paint their faces or color their hair. This special place won't care what our bodies look like or how we dress. I've also said this to the BSer as I watch him shower, dress, shave, and walk out the door in less than five minutes. It's a shame - a bloody shame. That's what I thought to myself as I rode this sucker today to, well, nowhere.

Photobucket

You cannot possibly tell me that this doesn't look like a torture device.
The room looks pretty "Silence of the Lambs" too, doesn't it?)

Photobucket

I'm still trying to dig myself out of the torturous hair-coloring escapade.
See, it's says it's CLINICALLY PROVEN to work.

Photobucket

It sure is pretty in the store and fun to buy.
But, why oh why do we have to do this?
Think of all the chocolate and chick flicks the saved money would buy!

Photobucket

Paint brushes.
That's all they are, ladies. Head to your local art department and pick up a few.
Yeah...they're mine.

Photobucket

The piece de resistance...
Torture, pure torture
But aren't they pretty?

Photobucket


5 comments:

Sue Jackson said...

Ha ha ha...all so true, Lori!

My Mom likes to say it would be great if our whole society just wore different colored sweats - no pressure to dress fashionably!

To be honest, I gave up almost completely on make-up since having CFS - I just don't have the energy to spare and really, who cares? I do get the make-up out once in awhile - you know, weddings, funerals, and the rare business meeting.

Have fun in your torture chamber!!

Sue

steenky bee said...

Oh sister! I hear you loud and clear on this one. I have revolted almost all beauty regimines on the weekend. I am one pale, scary, hairy monster Saturday to Sunday. I love this blog!

Jennifer Juniper said...

I agree with you, but I'm right there in the mirror tweezing my brows and killing myself in kickboxing class and wearing the killer heels...maybe we should form a female society!

AJ said...

:) Visiting from SITS - welcome to SITS Sharefest!

Hard to start out! LOL! I'm still between 30 and 40, but think that 29 sounds like a long time ago!

Anna See said...

totally silence of the lambs-- i'd avoid that exercise equipment at all costs.

believe it or not...

  © Blogger template On The Road by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP