Related Posts with Thumbnails

Tuesday, February 16, 2010

speaking of coffee...

Speaking of coffee, this morning the kitchen beckons me (as it does every day) with the delicious aroma of freshly brewed coffee. This is not just your regular everyday Maxwell House. Over the years, the BSer and I have become quite the coffee freaks connoisseurs.

We order the beans green from a wonderful fair trade coffee site, roast them with our handy dandy coffee roasting machine,

Photobucket

and finally bottle them in our mason jars.

Anyway...

speaking of coffee, I walk into the kitchen this morning, smelling the coffee, walk by to feed the dog, then turn around. Not only had the dog thrown up at some point during the night (no thanks to the BSer feeding her beef stew. Ew) but there was a puddle of coffee on the floor, down the side of the counter, and all over the counter. Needless to say, it was NOT in the pot.

Our second coffee maker in a year - kaput.

So, BSer and I, ever the coffee addicts head to the basement to find our old coffee maker - kept in storage for just such an emergency. We used a ladder and searched the vast wall of crap without finding said CM. Feeling truly defeated, we slouched upstairs thinking, "Well what the hell are we going to do now?"

Known for thinking on my feet, I then found said CM in the first cabinet I searched while simultaneously avoiding the evil gaze of the BSer.

And that was the end of our coffee adventure.

In my mind, the stage had been set for a pretty crappy day in general.

But then...

I walked outside and found this...

Photobucket

The day has been perfect ever since.


3 comments:

Suburban Correspondent said...

Wandered over from Citymouse - no, wait, I saw you in my Followers...anyway, I love that Oscar Wilde quote up there!

Little Tesoro said...

At least you were able to have some coffee! That would have been a disaster :)

blueviolet said...

I love little signs like that!!! Yay!!!!

believe it or not...

  © Blogger template On The Road by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP