Related Posts with Thumbnails

Friday, January 29, 2010

I Surrender


Photobucket

Am I the only one who is fed up with dishing out $140 to be beautiful? And it doesn't really work! They tell me I'll be beautiful, but it doesn't work! I know, I know your hair is important and it is a first impression. Blah, blah, blah.

I. Am. Cheap.

Go without? Nah, I have 40-something dingy dirty blonde hair. Doing nothing would be a crime.

My brilliant solution:

In November, I decided to ask my stylist for a recommendation for home hair coloring. Yeah - I know - stupid. So she talks me into just getting a less expensive, all over color for the winter. (It wasn't less expensive. ) BSer said it made me look old.

Fast forward. My roots are showing about 1.5 inches. The time to act is now. I get the highlighter kit, read all the instructions, watch videos on youtube, get my rattail comb, cut the pieces of foil...



Photobucket

...just sayin'




4 comments:

blueviolet said...

If I could do it myself, I would too. It's costing a fortune to get my hair done every six weeks to zap those roots!!!

I really hope yours didn't come out as horrible as that photo! LOL

Sue Jackson said...

Can we see pictures?? ha ha Sorry you had a rough time of it today. I've never colored my hair. Nope, never. It's starting to go white on top now (not gray...white), but I'm OK with that.

I'm sure it didn't turn out as badly as you think! By the way, you look beautiful in your photo!

And, yes, it is a crime how much any kind of hair style costs...and that they charge more for a woman's cut than a man's, no matter how short your hair is. My hair cuts are my only splurge - we've gone to the same woman for 20 years!!

Sue

lori said...

I've had those disasters! Now my sister does it for me with professional color that she orders on Ebay. It costs about $30.00 a year for both of us! Of course, it could be dangerous, putting my hair in the hands of a woman who still likes to freak me out with fake cockroaches on my keyboard.

Found your blog from comments you made on someone else's and really like it!

Joanne said...

Oh I had to laugh at these pictures! So at least you're finding the humor in the situation, which always helps! Clicked over from Nancy's blog, enjoyed browsing.

believe it or not...

  © Blogger template On The Road by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP