Related Posts with Thumbnails

Friday, December 11, 2009

Confessions


Photobucket

Every year, I love reading the magazines and blogs about how to beautify your home for Christmas. I dream - a girl can dream, can't she?

When I was a young whipper-snapper of a mom, I had aspirations. We made homemade ornaments, gingerbread houses, chopped down our own trees.

I still love to read about the beauty of Christmas. But here's the reality...

I'm not Martha Stewart. I tried once and it didn't take.

We go to Home Depot to pick a tree. It stands for several days before it's decorated.

We still have boxes in the dining room. Boxes of Christmas decorations, surrounding the tree, which, by the way, is dropping needles because I forget to feed it water. (Blush)

We still have a pumpkin on our front steps. (Haha, blush)

While under massive pressure, I wrap presents to put under the tree two days (or one) before Christmas. And I usually find a few forgotten gifts hidden in various spots in the spring.

The only reason we made gingerbread houses in the early years was because I faced peer pressure from the good moms.

I'm too cheap to buy new decorations. We still have the same ivy that we had 20 years ago.

Believe it or not, I LOVE Christmas. I'm just not a holiday Martha.


UGHHHH!! I feel better.

Try confessing. It's good for the soul, I promise.

Bah Humbug, oh and, Merry Christmas :)


4 comments:

WhisperingWriter said...

I'm the exact same way: love Christmas, not a holiday Martha.

Jennifer Juniper said...

You don't have to love it, we'll love it all for you :) Heh, the pumpkin though...just kidding!

Hey, if you do my wreath I'll be especially flattered after reading this!

Sue Jackson said...

I'm with you all the way, sista!

We do still chop down out pwn tree at a tree farm - it's one of the boys' favorite traditions. But our decorations are almost entirely stuff the kids made in school in their early years, and our tree is covered with mismatched keepsakes and other things the boys made years ago. One of Jamie's favorites is a dough ornament he made in preschool - all the colors have blended together now, and it's pretty gross looking!

Oh, and I did finally throw away the rotting pumpkins, but we still have a dead pot of mums near the front door (they died weeks after I bought them due to lack of watering) - it's such a lovely holiday touch!

Sue

Lori said...

Oh my gosh, Sue. I think we're distantly related. I have a dead pot of mums at the base of my front porch steps and we have a dough ornament in the shape of a "W" for Wes on the tree. The paint has worn off. For some reason, all of the other dough ornaments seem to have literally disintegrated while boxed up this year. I think something got to them. :)

believe it or not...

  © Blogger template On The Road by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP