Related Posts with Thumbnails

Saturday, December 19, 2009

A Cheap Date


Photobucket

Last night I found myself all alone - not a BSer, Hermit, or Smart Ass in sight. You'd think that a girl would know how to behave, especially one my age. But do you want to know what I did?

I took a long bath with a tall glass of wine - the cheap kind. Then, dressed in the ugliest, most comfy pair of jammies, I made two HUGE crab cakes, with sauce. While cooking my crab cakes I perused the latest fashion magazine. Afterward, while watching Sleepless in Seattle and Enchanted, I had an Edwards Hot Fudge Ice Cream Brownie.

Then I went to bed.

It was heaven.

This morning I destroyed all evidence.


8 comments:

Sue Jackson said...

Sounds awesome!! We're at my mom's house for an early Christmas celebration - 10 of us in one house! Kind of the opposite of your lovely solitude...

And it looks like we may get snowed in for an extra day! Delaware has already declared a state of emergency, and the snow is coming up here to CT next. Wish us luck!

Sue

debi said...

WooHooo! a perfect evening!!

Marbella Jewelry Designs said...

i agree, that's the perfect evening!

Shelly's Stuff Jewelry said...

Aren't those little Edwards Singles just the best?

Lori said...

I have to admit, I was cautiously optimistic on the Edwards Brownie. But it really was pretty darned good! It was a perfect portion - unless you ate both portions, in which case you'd be overdoing it a bit. :)

Jennifer Juniper said...

I can't say I've had a night like that for quite some time. Mine usually involves sneaking off for a bath and a book while three kids pound on the door!

WhisperingWriter said...

That sounds wonderful!

Dearheart said...

I do the same thing really more often than I should! My last indiscretion was a box of Hershey's Pot 'O Gold pecan clusters in the car. I dumped the evidence in the trash outside the garage on the way into the house.

believe it or not...

  © Blogger template On The Road by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP