Related Posts with Thumbnails

Wednesday, November 18, 2009

Birthdays and Getting Old

Photobucket
{ He's in the middle, in case you're wondering }


My son, the Hermit, is the birthday boy today. I say this tongue-in-cheek because the boy is twenty. Dang I'm getting old. But it's not about me...

On their birthday, the kids get whatever meal they choose and for some strange reason, it's never my cooking. Afterward, no matter what, no matter where we happen to be, they are obligated to sit through mom's gory rendition of, "on the day you were born".

But it's not about me...

Today I'll have camera on hand to appropriately harass the kiddos as we head out for lunch at P.F. Changs and then shopping. This scares me. Why do they always want to go shopping on their birthdays? It's enough to send shivers up and down my spine.

But it's not about me...

It's about Wes-Man...Wispy...Wes...my baby, who is very quickly becoming a man.

Happy Birthday, Wes! Love you...

3 comments:

Jennifer Juniper said...

Happy birthday Wes-Man!!! Let's just pretend he's only 10...it will make us feel better. Oh, and it's not about me!

Sue Jackson said...

20? yikes! That's coming up faster than I care to consider...

Jamie's birthday is in August and he requested a pot roast dinner. I complained about the heat but made it anyway. He says he doesn't get that whole thing - why we don't want to eat soup and other big, hot meals in the summer (he loves soup, too).

Happy Birthday, Wes! Hope you survived the shopping, Lori!

Fern said...

Sweet :) Birthdays are a blessing :) My kids are far from 20 & I'm glad b/c it makes me sad some days that they grow so fast :)
31everything.com

believe it or not...

  © Blogger template On The Road by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP